- Spark – A general engine for large-scale data processing, enabling analytics from SQL queries to machine learning, graph analytics, and stream processing
- Mesos – Distributed systems kernel that provides resourcing and isolation across all the other SMACK stack components. Mesos is the foundation on which other SMACK stack components run.
- Akka – A toolkit and runtime to easily create concurrent and distributed apps that are responsive to messages.
- Cassandra – Distributed database management system that can handle large amounts of data across servers with high availability.
- Kafka – A high throughput, low-latency platform for handling real-time data feeds with no data loss.