What is DSO
A DSO is a two dimensional storage unit which mainly stores consolidated and cleansed transaction data or master data on a lowest granularity. DSO stands for Data Store Object.
- It is a two dimensional Transparent Table.
- Data is stored at detailed level.
- With DSO, it is also possible to overwrite data fields.
- Detailed level reporting can be obtained from a DSO.
Types of DSO
DSOs can be classified into the following types:
- Standard DSO
- Direct Update DSO
- Write-Optimized DSO
A standard DSO has three transparent tables on the database.
- Activation Queue: Holds the records that are to be updated, not yet been activated.
- Active Data: Table which holds active data.
- Change Log: Holds the change history for delta loads.
Creation Of Standard DSO
Go to transaction code RSA1
将传统的虚拟提供者全部切换到Composite Provider和Open ODS View，其中Open ODS View主要基于HANA视图提供数据，Composite Provider通过组合其他虚拟对象对外提供数据。而传统的Cube、DSO等则全部转换为Advanced Data Store Object –ADSO。信息对象的概念得以保留。